Full-Time Job Art Registrar
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Walla Walla Foundry is seeking a Registrar to join our team. This position provides the opportunity to interface with all aspects of production, as well as high profile studios and galleries in the contemporary art market. The position presents an excellent opportunity to build a career in the contemporary art industry. Additional information about the Foundry is available at wallawallafoundry.com.
• Create art installation manuals and project information sheets for use in production or by clientele. Must be capable of producing manuals and sheets based on recorded project information and conversations with colleagues and clientele.
• Observe fabrication and installation strategies with the ability to understand and create clear process records for use in production or for clientele.
• Clearly convey production concepts through visual images and inDesign drawings.
• Assist or direct staff photographer in capturing images specific to the needs to installation manuals, project fabrication, and informational project sheets.
• Process RAW images to aid in image turnaround, as needed.
• Assist shops in tracking and documentation of production processes, including weights, dimensions, materials, etc. for both historical record and execution of subsequent editions of the work.
• Perform research and evaluate information on new vendors, new materials, conservation practices, etc.
• Manage and accurately maintain Foundry project databases in accordance with Walla Walla Foundry S.O.P.
• Communicate clearly and effectively with supervisors, colleagues, and clientele.
• Take initiative to understand projects, scope of work, and expectations, and execute tasks independently. Capability in assimilating information from multiple sources, taking responsibility to clarify when needed, and ability to provide supervisors, clientele, and colleagues with the appropriate information they need to make informed decisions.
• Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the range of processes and materials at the Foundry from concept to completion. Actively apply this knowledge to works in progress and informational sheets used in production or sent to clients.
• Maintain current and accurate knowledge of works in progress and production schedule.
• Constructively use production lulls to become familiarized with other departments and develop knowledge through assistance or active observation of departmental processes.
• Ability to understand the overall goals and priorities of the Walla Walla Foundry.
Skills, Experience and Education
• 3+ years of experience working in artist studio, fabrication facility, or in arts administration preferred.
• Proficiency in digital photography, including Photoshop, Camera RAW and Adobe inDesign.
• High attention to detail and accuracy, a holistic understanding of various Foundry processes and materials, and a sensitivity to the artistic and aesthetic goals of each work.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to set priorities and manage time to successfully meet deadlines for multiple projects.
• Excellent communication, collaboration, research, and administrative skills, as well as ability to assimilate and communicate complicated information in a succinct and timely manner.
• A high level of dedication and a willingness to prioritize the job are essential.
• Strong interest in contemporary art processes and a desire to work in an agile, fast paced, deadline driven environment.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in art/design related field preferred.
Salary & Benefits
Salary DOE. The Foundry offers a generous benefits package, including employer paid health insurance.
How to Apply
Email resume to Nora Connors at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than June 30, 2017. Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
The Foundry is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|• Job Title:||Art Registrar|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Walla Walla Foundry|
|• Location:||Walla Walla, Washington, United States|