Full-Time Job Art Recovery / Restoration Specialist
Art Recovery Technologies (“ART”) is a disaster restoration company specializing in the restoration of artwork for insurance claims. We are currently seeking a talented person with a bachelors degree in Fine Arts and a background in painting to perform a wide range of art recovery functions. A new location will be opening on Long Island in June 2017 (location TBD but most likely Western Suffolk county).
The hourly rate is between $16 – $22 per hour based upon experience.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Inventory, document and evaluate artwork for recovery.
• Remove, protect and transport artwork from insured home/business. Note – this will likely be in an area affected by fire, smoke and/or water damage.
• Disassemble and evaluate artwork to be cleaned, serviced and/or repaired.
• Select and order frames and other replacement items as needed.
• Clean, restore and re-assemble artwork to pre-loss condition.
• Deliver artwork to insured home/business.
• Communicate with insured to provide status updates on their artwork.
• Communicate with ART Corporate for instruction and problem solving.
• Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts.
• Painting background with an understanding of color matching.
• Photoshop experience is a plus.
• Picture framing experience is a plus.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent Customer Service skills – Providing “high touch” service to our clients.
• Exhibit a professional, neat and clean appearance that represents the ART brand.
• Understand that entry into damaged properties such as a burnt buildings and homes will be routine to the job.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds as part of artwork pick-up and delivery activity.
• Working knowledge of basic PC operations.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize are key strengths.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a team environment.
• Valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record.
• General office administration responsibilities include (but not limited to) ordering materials, answering client questions/phone calls and estimating jobs using our tracking system (you will be trained).
• Occasional circumstances may require overtime and travel.
• Successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
• Pass a Pulmonary Function test.
Additional responsibilities of an ART Recovery Specialist consist of the following:
• Report to work as scheduled.
• Be available for non-scheduled work requirements as needed.
• Cooperate with supervisors and perform assigned duties.
• Cooperate with other technicians and perform assigned duties.
• Inspect own work and ensure that it is complete, thorough and meets ART quality standards as
well as meets or exceeds customer expectations.
• Report all injuries immediately. Injured workers requiring more than first aid treatment must
immediately be seen by a physician/clinic specified by ART.
• Attend and participate in all staff meetings as requested.
• Abide by all rules, regulations and policies contained in the Employee Handbook, Safety Manual
and Employment Agreement. This includes active participation in identifying, reporting and
correcting situations affecting safety, quality and customer satisfaction.
• Properly operate the ART vehicle in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations and ART
• Use and maintain all provided materials, supplies and equipment in accordance with
manufacturer’s recommended procedures.
• Document all job activity using the established systems, processes and procedures.
• Keep all job/customer files neat, organized and secure and its contents confidential.
• Participate in ongoing training programs sponsored by the company and/or affiliated
For more information about the company, please visit http://art-us.com
If interested in applying, please apply via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include a resume and samples of work (if available).
|• Job Title:||Art Recovery / Restoration Specialist|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||ART of NYC & Long Island|
|• Location:||Islandia, New York, United States|