Full-Time Job Art Handler / Preparator
Los Angeles Region (Carson, CA).
U.S.Art is the nation’s largest fine art handling company. Operating for over 30 years, our company provides the most comprehensive, museum-quality art handling services in the country. We are committed to providing unparalleled services to museums, galleries, and private collectors.
The Art Handler / Preparator candidates must be highly motivated, detail oriented, team players with prior experience at a museum, gallery, or other art handling company. This is an hourly position, 5 days a week. We offer health insurance, 401K, profit sharing, paid sick and vacation days. Benefits start to accrue after 90 days.
Skills are to include, but not limited to-
• Knowledge of best practices for wrapping and packing 2-D nd 3-D objects. Ability to select proper archival and other packing materials depending upon the medium, surfaces, condition, and fragility of a particular work.
• Know how to pack a slat crate, travel frame, shadow box, slipcase, cavity pack, and standard crating techniques.
• Know how to properly wrap, load, and strap artworks within a truck to keep them safe in transport.
• Prepare condition reports.
• Install artwork using various hardware and in changing settings.
Possible employees must:
• Pass a pre-employment drug test.
• Have a valid driver license.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Provide you own basic tool kit.
• Lift 50 lbs.
|• Job Title:||Art Handler / Preparator|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Location:||Carson, California, United States|