Full-Time Job Art Handler / Preparator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Los Angeles Region (Carson, CA).
U.S.Art is the nation’s largest fine art handling company. Operating for over 30 years, our company provides the most comprehensive, museum-quality art handling services in the country. We are committed to providing unparalleled services to museums, galleries, and private collectors.
The Art Handler / Preparator candidates must be highly motivated, detail oriented, team players with prior experience at a museum, gallery, or other art handling company. This is an hourly position, 5 days a week. We offer health insurance, 401K, profit sharing, paid sick and vacation days. Benefits start to accrue after 90 days.
Skills are to include, but not limited to-
• Knowledge of best practices for wrapping and packing 2-D nd 3-D objects. Ability to select proper archival and other packing materials depending upon the medium, surfaces, condition, and fragility of a particular work.
• Know how to pack a slat crate, travel frame, shadow box, slipcase, cavity pack, and standard crating techniques.
• Know how to properly wrap, load, and strap artworks within a truck to keep them safe in transport.
• Prepare condition reports.
• Install artwork using various hardware and in changing settings.
Possible employees must:
• Pass a pre-employment drug test.
• Have a valid driver license.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Provide you own basic tool kit.
• Lift 50 lbs.
|• Job Title:||Art Handler / Preparator|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Location:||Carson, California, United States|