Internship Job Art Gallery Internship
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Job Position Type: Paid Internship.
Marlborough Gallery is currently offering a part-time internship for a detail-oriented, organized undergraduate, graduate student, or recent graduate interested in working with modern and contemporary art in an internationally acclaimed gallery.
The Intern would work primarily in the archives supporting all daily gallery operations.
Days/hours are flexible.
Internships are available for academic credit and/or a small stipend.
The position’s responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
• Assist Archivists with digital imaging and scanning transparencies
• Follow up and research for relevant auctions and exhibitions
• Assist with the preparation for art fairs and exhibitions
• Assist the cataloging of extensive reference library
• Assist with the digitization of press files
• Creation of finding aids
• Special projects
• Strong verbal and writing skills with a positive outgoing attitude
• Fluent in Office/Word/Outlook/Excel, and web research; experience with gallery based inventory software; interest in photography and experience with digital imaging software (Photoshop, Light Room, InDesign) a plus
• Strong organizational and time management skills is a must
• Ability to perform well under pressure and deal effectively with timely demands
• A working knowledge and passion for contemporary art
• Good judgment and discretion
• While not a requirement, multilingual abilities are appreciated
How to apply
If interested in interning with the Archives department, please email a cover letter and a resume to: email@example.com
|• Job Title:||Art Gallery Internship|
|• Job Type:||Internship Job|
|• Employer:||Marlborough Gallery|
|• Location:||New York, New York, United States|