Contract Job Art Gallery Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Our Gallery, located in Delray Beach, Florida, is seeking a Gallery Manager to work closely with the owners to empower the gallery’s artistic policy and to manage day-to-day operations. We are a private gallery representing emerging to mid-career contemporary artists. Our Manager will work diligently to establish and broaden our reputation by finding and representing appropriate artists and by creating high levels of interest among the art community and the public.
We are seeking an individual with an understanding and appreciation of art, combined with the business and marketing skills to manage a small team and run a profitable operation. Ideally, this candidate will hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in arts management or closely related topics in the arts. Previous work experience in gallery management is imperative including significant experience in art sales.
Specific Responsibilities and duties
• Work closely with artists to ensure a consistent level of high quality work and pricing strategy
• Research and maintain list of potential artists
• Develop Artist books, catalogs and manage artist information physically and online
• Electronically establish, maintain and update Art Inventory
• Establish deep relationships with local, regional and national art individuals, organizations and institutions
• Maintain up to date contact lists with appropriate follow-up to communicate with prospects and clients as well as design, real-estate, developer and art professionals
• Establish and maintain transaction records and reporting
• Develop social media and hard copy marketing communication strategy and materials that ensure visibility and awareness for the gallery
• Manage Gallery exhibitions and events and installation of art work
• Maintain the aesthetic appearance of the gallery and work spaces
• Manage staff and ensure floor coverage
• Arrange transportation of work to and from the gallery locally nationally and internationally as needed
• Manage the on-going general business of the gallery
• Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills
• A sales acumen to deal with a wide range of people
• Management, financial management and marketing experience
• Strong sense of teamwork and the ability to lead and motivate a team;
• A genuine interest in and enthusiasm for art accompanied with a creative flair
• Ability to organize and set up exhibitions and events
• Strong administrative and IT skills
• Knowledge of web, database management, social media and mailings is a plus
• A Self-starter.
Compensation is commensurate with education and previous work experience and will be comprised of a base salary plus sales commission.
Email Resume to: Jim@wilmarkgroup.com
|• Job Title:||Art Gallery Manager|
|• Job Type:||Contract Job|
|• Employer:||Jim Blumenfeld|
|• Location:||Delray Beach, Florida, United States|