Full-Time Job Art Advisor
Since 2010 Pall Mall Art Advisors, an international art appraisal and advisory firm, has endeavored to break the traditional ‘art advisory’ mold to provide a wide range of services tailored to the individual needs of private, institutional and professional clients as they engage with the global art market. Pall Mall Art Advisors is a highly respected source of independent advice for those buying or selling art, antiques and collectables. We are also market leaders in valuation services for the purposes of insurance, estate and tax planning and at the cutting edge of collections management. Tangible Asset Management is the umbrella term encompassing the three key elements of our business.
We are seeking an Art Advisor in the New York City area to join our team of experienced appraisers and art advisors.
• Industry Knowledge – Familiarity with industry and appraisal guidelines for insurance, damage/loss, IRS donation, IRS estate probate, IRS gift tax, divorce equitable distribution, and current knowledge of USPAP guidelines and tax changes related to tangible assets
• Organizational Management – Skilled in organizing, implementing, and managing advisory projects
• Leadership – Proven ability to create strategic vision, motivating excellence in performance and leading by example of action
• Established & cultivated industry relationships and 7+ years of industry experience
• Experience with exhibition placement and curating
• Experience with curating private and corporate collections
RESPONSIBILITIES are inclusive of but not limited to:
• Develop new advisory clients through cultivating existing clients, as well as seeking out new opportunities through referral sources and existing relationships
• Assist senior sales in shepherding new advisory clients through both private and auction opportunities
• Work with clients and sales team to manage and place consignments in appropriate venues globally
o Meet with auction houses, dealers, and individual brokers and create IC contracts
o Negotiate on behalf of Pall Mall clients
• Maintain an acceptable profit margin through development and adherence to an annual expense budget, to include:
o Marketing, including collateral, sponsorships, advertising, etc.
o Travel and entertainment
o Social and professional club dues
• Bring in a minimum of $200,000 in new advisory income
Appraisal duties (related to potential brokerage contracts)
• Complete a minimum of 50 appraisals per year (video inventories, appraisal via photographs, onsite appraisals, inventory, etc.)
• Provide pre-appraisal consultation with clients
• Review insurance schedules
• Assist other appraisers with valuation consultations
• Coordinate regionally and internationally for multi-territorial appraisals with advisory potential
This is a full time position with benefits. Salary commensurate with experience. Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Art Advisor”. Pall Mall Art Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please no calls.
|• Job Title:||Art Advisor|
|• Job Type:||Full-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Pall Mall Art Advisors|
|• Location:||New York, New York, United States|