Part-Time Job Ambassador – Metropolitan Museum of Art
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Ambassador is an integral part of The Met’s Visitor Experience Team, who welcomes and assists our guests. As such, they become “The Face of the Museum” and are expected to be knowledgeable and gracious to our diverse audience base.
The Metropolitan Museum of Art is committed to bringing world-class customer service to the public. Successful candidates have a strong sense of hospitality, enjoy working with the public, and have a sincere connection with art & humanity in all its forms. Candidates for the post must be self-starting, flexible, exhibit good judgement, and be able to resolve customer issues independently.
The position responsibilities include: greeting guests, providing information, wayfinding, operating a cashier station, selling memberships, ticketing, performances, group sales, clerical work, answering phones, and re-stocking brochure displays.
The position is part-time, and requires weekend and holiday availability.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILIES & DUTIES:
• Create a warm and welcoming presence for Museum members and visitors
• Proactively engage with visitors and forge connections between them and the Museum
• Recommend museum itineraries to visitors
• Assist in indoor and outdoor crowd control and ticketing
• Actively promote the sale of Museum Memberships, Audio Guides, Performances and Advanced Ticketing packages
• Communicate Museum policies and offerings
• Respond to inquiries about exhibitions, galleries, special events, membership, facilities, etc.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of daily Museum open galleries, programming, Membership benefits and events, and VS operational changes
• Ensure all members, visitors, and groups, are properly ticketed so that all entries are accounted for
• Sell Admissions, Memberships, Performances, and Passes using Tessitura system
• Perform accurate register operations and demonstrate reliable cash handling
• Maintain cash controls & PCI compliance to safeguard the personal information of members and visitors
• Restock materials at display locations
• Facilitate lines and track attendance counts for special exhibitions.
• Maintain organized and presentable work spaces
• Complete daily opening and closing procedures
• Provide clerical assistance in the back offices as needed
• Work effectively with a diverse team that includes volunteers and security officers
• Collect necessary and accurate survey data as required
• Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Experience and Skills:
• Must enjoy customer service work and possess the ability to be professional and courteous in stressful situations
• Excellent communication and public relations skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to follow direction
• Attention to detail
• Must have a minimum of one year of related experience in a ticketing, admissions, or retail environment, with at least one year of cash handling experience
• Ability to work a variable schedule including weekends and holidays
• Must be able to work independently and exercise good judgment
• Must be a good “Team Player” and collaborate well with colleagues to accomplish Departmental goals and targets.
• Must be able to stand for several hours and lift up to 50 pounds
• Experience with POS systems
Knowledge and Education:
• 1-2 years of work experience and a College Degree Preferred
• Fluency in multiple languages is preferred but not required
• Strong Computer Skills desired, Tessitura preferred
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send resumes to email@example.com and type “Ambassador” in the subject line
|• Job Title:||Ambassador – Metropolitan Museum of Art|
|• Job Type:||Part-Time Job|
|• Employer:||Metropolitan Museum of Art|
|• Location:||New York, New York, United States|