Experienced Artistic Administrator
|Career Status:||Actively looking|
|Willing to relocate:|
|Willingness to travel:||Willing to travel|
- LinkedIn Profile:
Artistic Administrator with multiple years of strategic planning experience in a managerial capacity for operatic arts organizations.
- Artistic Planning,
- project management,
- Special Events,
- Team management,
- Microsoft Office
American University, Washington D.C. – Master of Arts, Arts Management, ‘11
05/2006 – 07/2006 KAPITO Sprachschule; Muenster, Germany – German Language Certificate
01/2006 – 05/2006 University of Central Florida – Non- Degree Graduate Work in German
05/2001 – 12/2005 University of Central Florida – Bachelor of Arts, Interpersonal Communications /
4/2013 – Present
Director of Artistic Administration – Arizona Opera Company
* Plan, schedule and facilitate auditions for mainstage and studio artists
* Research and screen potential singers and actors for future productions
* Prepare and negotiate guest and studio artist contracts.
* Develop long-term planning strategies for future repertoire and guest artists
* Supervise the Education Manager to ensure community and education programs are in line with the overall artistic vision of Arizona Opera.
* Manage all aspects related to the Arizona Opera commissioning program – Arizona Spark.
* Work closely with the Director of the Opera Studio in administration of and planning for the program.
* Create and efficiently manage a departmental budget of approximately $1.6 million.
* Supervise the Company Manager as it relates to all guest artist, chorus, orchestra, and supers housing and travel.
8/2011 – 4/2013
Associate Artistic Administrator – Arizona Opera Company
* Managed all Artistic Department logistics, including all artist travel and housing.
* Coordinated artistic department payroll with accounting.
* Ensured compliance with all AGMA/AFM CBA guidelines.
* Issued and tracked guest artist contracts.
* Assisted Director of Artistic Administration with the creation and management of artistic budgets.
* Casted supernumeraries for each opera.
* Processed all paperwork for foreign artist visas.
* Collaborated with Events Manager on artist involvement at events.
* Managed all logistics related to main stage and studio artist auditions.
5/2013 – 8/2013
Company Manager – Wolf Trap Opera Company
* Supervised the Administrative Intern in the creation and distribution of the daily schedule.
* Coordinated all internal events with Studio and Filene Young Artists, pre-show lectures, lunch time recitals, and guest lecturer lunches.
* Managed all company travel and housing.
* Managed details of facility usage with Wolf Trap Foundation Operations Department.
* Researched and booked venues for fall audition tour.
5/2012 – 8/2012
Assistant Company Manager – The Glimmerglass Festival
* Assisted the Company Manager with all logistical matters related to the organizing of an company-wide tour of “The Music Man” to Oman.
* Managed two artistic administration interns and delegated various tasks related to the daily functioning of the artistic department.
* Coordinated all guest artist travel and reimbursements.
* Assisted the Company Manager in the processing of numerous foreign artist visas.
* Facilitated all communications and logistics with outside agencies and artistic administrators regarding five separate weekends of auditions for the Young Artist Program.
* Assisted Director of Young Artist Program with creation of the online Young Artist application.
* Worked with box office manager to secure all VIP ticket requests.
01/2011 – 05/2011 Wolf Trap Opera Company, Administration and Media Intern
08/2010 – 12/2010 Washington National Opera, Communications Intern
01/2010 – 05/2010 Washington Performing Arts Society, Marketing Intern
05/2011 – 08/2011 The Glimmerglass Festival, Artistic Administration Intern
05/2010 – 08/2010 The Glimmerglass Festival, Artistic Administration Intern
09/2009 – 12/2009 The Choral Arts Society of Washington, Development Apprentice
Groups & Associations
- Opera America