- Tess Kelley:
Artist/Educator searching for a more challenging position that leads to working with organizations that reach a wider audience.
- Exhibit design,
- gallery installation,
- public speaking,
- set building,
- Team management
- • Presentation/Speaking to large diverse groups of varying skills and abilities
- • Management/Supervisor experience + Audience engagement with hands on learning
- • Creative and critical thinking under pressure
- • Art Studio management to include inventory, maintenance, and instruction
- • Curriculum development
- • Data Team lead
- • Experience and trained to work with ESL population
- • Directing presentations/shows
- • Set design/prop building
- • Exhibit design
- • Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft office, Promethean board, smart board, digital camera, graphic art, video editing, traditional art techniques
Sul Ross State University Alpine, TX
Master of Arts Art with Minor in Communications 2001
Bachelor of Arts Theater with Minor in Communications1997
Henderson State University Arkadelphia, AR
ESL Academy/Certification 12 graduate hours 2010
Fulbright-Hayes Group Project Abroad in Senegal & the Gambia 2009
Arts, Political System, Religions, History, Education, and Culture of West Africa.
Raton Public Schools Art Instructor (7-12) 2015-Present
• Creating and instructing an Arts Curriculum for 7-12
HSSD Hot Springs, AR Fine Arts Dept. Chair 2012-2014 Arts Instructor (9-12) 2005-2015
• Responsible for six other staff members, liaison to administration, ensured deadlines observed and staff had supplies and resources, write curriculum, review portfolios and interview staff candidates
• Instructor to culturally diverse population with varying abilities and skill levels in a wide variety of media. Planned curriculum, installed art in school and community. Calculated needs for inventory/supplies for department.
Sol Le Witt (artist) DFW Airport, Dallas, TX Artist Assistant Summer 2005
• painting of Sol LeWitt’s murals in DFW International Airport Terminal D
Sul Ross State University Alpine, TX Graduate Assistant (2000-2001)
• Taught lecture and studio courses to both traditional and non-traditional students.
• Performed office clerical duties to include creating promotional material for classes, grading, and writing syllabus. Prepared media for presentations. Created calendar for shows.
• Supervised and trained two student assistants.
• Designed advertisements for summer programs in Rock Art Research field work.
Sul Ross State University Arts Department Alpine, TX Student Assistant 1999
• Assisted in daily office procedures, answered phones, ran errands, graded quizzes and exams, took on any duties requested by the graduate assistant, maintained media used in lectures
Archives of the Big Bend Alpine, TX Student Assistant 1997-1998
• Responsible for cataloging new material, researching collection for patrons around the country, teaching proper care and handling of collection to patrons, presenting displays and small sessions on the resources in the archives.
Sul Ross State University Library Technical Services Alpine TX Student Assistant 1995-1997
• Catalog magazines and newspapers, shelve materials and remove materials on a daily basis, collect and distribute mail
Chinati Art Foundation: volunteer 1998/1999 Chinati open house weekend. Acting as guide and gallery guard at various locations on the grounds
Unique Connections (formally Hot Springs Autism support group): member, served on board, designed logo and t shirts for walks/awareness
(You are not loged in)