Theatre Management/Box Office Manager
- LinkedIn profile:
My love of the literary arts and multi-cultural up bringing have allowed me to develop a strong understanding of all genres; however, stage productions are truly my favorite. To me, the Box Office is the first interaction patrons have with a theatre house and that interaction “sets the stage” for their expectations and experiences. My positive and proactive attitude allows me to work well in a team setting as well as to be an independent thinker who is creative and able to brainstorm and think outside the box.
- Event Managemnt,
- Literary Research Patron Service,
- Team Management Public Speaking
- Currently, I have five years of practical experience in providing excellent customer service, ticketing services, generating and maintaining box office reports as well as ensuring all items are completed with a high level of organization and attention to detail.
Masters of Arts in Theatre, July 2014, University of Central Missouri (UCM), Warrensburg, MO
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Theatre, Emphasis: Technical/Design, July 2012, UCM
Department of Theatre & Dance, UCM, Warrensburg, MO
Box Office Management March 2011 – April 2014
• Processed daily incoming subscriptions, solicited group sales and maintained the box office as well as the theatre lobby area.
• Training students in excellent customer service in regards to proper ticketing of patrons.
• Recruited box office assistants and volunteers as well as ensured proper coverage of all performances.
• Proactively working with the Front of House staff in managing the interface between the Theatre and the audience.
• Led prompt communication with customers in regards to inquiries, complaints and comments.
Graduate Assistant- Department of Theatre & Dance, UCM August 2013 – May 2014
• Developed the online ticketing selection for season ticket purchases as well as single ticket buyers by using the Vendini ticketing systems.
• Managed all ticket sales for six main stage productions for Highlander Theatre with 444 seats
• Provided excellent customer service in person, via phone, and online to our season ticket holders, annual foundation donors, and new patrons.
• Assisted office professional to organize and manage databases and archives all of sales, 600 subscriptions, and multiple mailing lists.
• Supervised the work of the part time 20 Box Office Assistants
• Met with faculty, staff and administrators to discuss any necessary or updated directives.
Promotion and Publicity Experience
Central Missouri Repertory, Warrensburg, MO
Tour/Publicity Manager Summer 2011, 2012, & 2013
• Working for a Repertory Theatre company, operating within the university.
• Finding ways to market the productions, through social networking and theatrical campaigns.
• Helping with the Educational outreach program, teaching children the importance of the performing arts.
• Prepared and circulated promotional material: production previews, news releases, programs, flyers, and brochures in Microsoft Office 2010.
• Serving as ‘House Manager’ and dealing with theatre patrons.
Season Promotion, Department of Theatre & Dance, UCM, Warrensburg, MO
• Promoted group sale prices and individual season tickets at university event, city events, and local K-12 schools by using brochures, posters, display cases, and information tables
• Wrote invitation letters illustrating our vision for the season to the MO state legislators and the President of USA
• Spoke at various university events, and at certain classes promoting season ticket sale
• Evaluated the each promotion activity bi-weekly, and made necessary variations
• Updated the Season promotion BlackBoard page and answered team questions daily
Teaching and Training
Graduate Teaching Assistant, Department of Theatre & Dance, UCM
• Subjects: Directing THEA 3700; Literature and History of Theatre, THEA 4400 & THEA 4420.
• Speaking in class , ensuring clear diction and clarification
• Preparing lecture notes, presentations and class exercises
• Being a disciplinarian when conducting class, ensuring student participation
• Writing student exams and marking homework assignments in a timely manner
Student Manager, Sodexo Dining Hall, UCM September 2008 – November 2013
• Served UCM Students, Parents, faculty, and staff in a calm and friendly manner
• Managed the entire cafeteria facility from security and stocking to hygiene and appearance
• Managed inventory logs and temperature logs
• Fulfilled a fundamental role in building a team environment