Innovative, outgoing, experienced Theatre Arts Educator with background in K-12 education, urban/rural education, STEM/STEAM and arts integration seeks to transition into educational/administrative programming for a dynamic arts organization.
- Curriculum Supervision & Development
- Arts Integration
- Event/Production Management
- Stage Lighting and Sound Design/Engineering,
- Technical Direction,
- Theatrical Design,
- Touring Theatre for Young Audiences
- Publication Design & Web Design, Computer Aided Drafting, MS Office.
2006 – 2009 Arizona State University Tempe, AZ
M.F.A ~ Theatre for Youth
• Workshop Presenter on Technical Theater Communication at: VA Thespians, Winter 2010; VTA, Fall 2009; AZ Thespians, Fall 2008; AATE, Summer 2008; EDTA, Fall 2008.
• Production Designer and Technical/Tour Manager for ASU Tour Bus production of Black Butterfly, Jaguar Girl, Piñata Woman, and other Superhero Girls, Like Me, Fall 2007.
• Technical/Tour Manager for Breaking the Silence, a devised piece about homeless youth presented at AATE in Vancouver, BC, Summer 2007.
1996 – 2001 Virginia Commonwealth University Richmond, VA
B.F.A ~ Theatre Education
• Founder and Administrative Director, Theater Education Outreach of VCU.
• Author and Recipient of a $7500 seed grant from the Memorial Foundation for Children.
• 2000 & 1999 Recipient of Theatre Service & Theatre Promise Award, Theatre VCU..
B.S. ~ Chemistry
• 1999 & 2000 Recipient of National Science Foundation Teaching Scholarship.
• 1996 – 2000 Recipient of Provost’s Scholarship.
2014 – present The Redhouse Arts Center Syracuse, NY
Teaching Fellow; Technical Curriculum Lead; Materials Lead; Props/Sets Assistant
Teaching for the SCSD Fellows Program:
• Devising and teaching fused Common Core/Core Arts curriculum using Arts-focused Project-Based Learning to teach STEAM/Core Concepts to Elementary Students
• Leading the Technical Curriculum writing team and serving as Senior Advisor to the Drama, Dance, and Music Curriculum writing teams.
• Working with program administration to order sufficient supplies for classroom teachers
2011 – 2014 DDESS ~ Lejeune High School Jacksonville, NC
Theatre Arts Teacher; Speech, SAT Prep, and English Teacher
Teaching for the English/Theatre department; duties/projects include:
• Devising and teaching Theatre Arts curriculum including Acting, Improvisation, Stage Lighting & Sound as well as Technical Theatre, Creative Dramatics and Shakespeare.
• Devising and teaching English curriculum, including Literary Analysis, Grammar, Spelling, Vocabulary, Writing and Oral Presentation Skills
• Devising and teaching courses in SAT Test Prep and Speech Communications
• Supervising the after-school theatre program in the creation of departmental productions.
• Providing technical support to all non-theatre department events in the auditorium.
2011 – 2013 Carteret Community College Morehead City, NC
Teaching for the Communication Studies Department; duties/projects include:
• Devising and teaching courses Public Speaking Courses
2011 – 2013 Campbell University Camp Lejeune, NC
Teaching for the Theatre Arts Department; duties/projects include:
• Devising and teaching courses in Theatre Appreciation
2009 – 2010 Northern Virginia Community College Alexandria & Sterling, VA
Teaching for the Communication Studies/Theatre department; duties/projects include:
• Devising and teaching courses, including Theatre Workshop, Stage Lighting & Sound, Theatre Appreciation as well as Acting I, Touring Theatre, and Creative Dramatics.
2010 – 2011 Center for the Arts Manassas, VA
Teaching Faculty; Designer; Director
Teaching for the Education department; duties/projects include:
• Devising and teaching courses, including Technical Theatre, Mystery Theatre, Improvisation, Fundamentals of Acting, and Intermediate Acting.
• Providing periodic written evaluations of students’ progress in relation to established course objectives and organizational standards.
2009 – 2010 Imagination Stage Bethesda, MD
2006-2009 Arizona State Univ./Orlando Repertory Theatre Tempe, AZ/Orlando, FL
As fulfillment of MFA requirements, working in the education department as Curriculum Writer, MS/HS Professional Development Coordinator and Administrative Assistant; duties/projects include:
• Creating Teacher and Family Resource Guides, Kids Programs and Cross-Curricular Activity sheets to support productions.
• Working as a mentor to new secondary theatre arts instructors, specifically in technical production; worked as guest technical director to two productions in Orange Co. Public Schools.
Instructor, Puppetry with Children
Graduate Teaching Assistant, Introduction to Film Process
2005-2006 Artistic Concepts Group Chantilly, VA
Sales and Production Associate
• Working as a lighting technician/designer, sound technician, and stage/event manager for contracted events throughout the Metropolitan DC area.
2001-2005 Falls Church High School Falls Church, VA
English 10/12 Instructor; Theatre Arts Instructor/Director; Technical Director
(You are not loged in)