Arts manager with more than a decade of experience seeking senior-level opportunities
Arts management professional with focused experience in marketing and communications. Proven track record of establishing and nurturing relationships with strategic partners. Creative and innovative mind with exceptional project management and written/verbal communication skills. Passion for drinking up all the arts that New York City has to offer.
- Arts Administration,
- Arts Management,
- Arts marketing,
- Creative Direction,
- Event Management,
- Event Planning,
- performing arts administration,
- Public relations,
- theatre administration
- Written and verbal communications
- Leadership by way of self and team motivation
- Ability to work under extreme pressure and meet deadlines
- Thinking critically and making actionable decisions
- Time management
- Conflict resolution
- Sense of humor
- Colleague engagement
M.A. Arts Management, University at Buffalo
B.Mus. Vocal Performance, James Madison University
Student Abroad, University College of London
Marketing & Communications Director, Arts Brookfield
February 2015 – June 2017
• Oversaw national marketing and communications strategy for music, theatre, dance, film and visual art events for one of the largest privately funded public arts programs in the world, including media relations, branding, design, social media, digital marketing, advertising, and the Arts Brookfield website.
• Managed a multi-hundred thousand dollar departmental operating budget and served as a key member of senior staff.
• Developed and implemented annual long-range marketing and communications planning for the Arts Brookfield brand (regional, national and international).
• Cultivated partnerships regionally and nationally to extend the reach of the Arts Brookfield mission and grow audiences.
• Managed a successful rebranding project from inception to completion, including industry research, drafting a new manifesto, and creating a new style guide for the Arts Brookfield brand.
• Served as creative director and copywriter and for all Arts Brookfield digital and print content.
Business Committee for the Arts Coordinator, Americans for the Arts
January 2013 – February 2015
• Ensured the continued success of Americans for the Arts’ programs designed to stimulate business partnerships with the arts.
• Curated all content for the pARTnership Movement, Americans for the Arts’ website and messaging campaign for the business community, including case studies, newsworthy content, tool-kits for business and arts professionals, and website design and maintenance.
• Planned and managed the annual BCA 10: Best Businesses Partnering with the Arts in America awards gala, which celebrates the top trailblazers in business arts support, attended by Fortune 500 companies and C-suite professionals; raised 140% to revenue goal in 2014.
• Cultivated strategic relationships through communications with executive board members, corporate social responsibility professionals, corporate foundations, and other partners in order to ensure increased programmatic support.
Marketing & Sales Manager, Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center
June 2012 – January 2013
• Developed and implemented a strategic plan for marketing all components of main stage and educational programming.
• Creative content developer and copywriter, including newsletter articles, e-mail blasts, and website, print and radio copy.
• Managed graphic design agencies to conceptualize and produce all designed marketing assets.
• Created and maintained all social media accounts for the organization, including Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
• Managed radio, print, and digital advertising purchases.
• Identified and implemented strategies to grow audiences for main stage, arts education, and family-friendly programming.
• Built relationships with school districts throughout Suffolk County to promote school day performances, camps and classes, increasing sales by 3% in summer 2012.
• Assisted in establishing a parent advisory council and student ambassador program.
Education Coordinator, Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra
August 2010 – June 2012
• Managed school concert attendance and concert preparation for the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra Youth Concert Series, which saw a 19% increase in attendance from 2010 to 2011.
• Conceptualized, implemented and managed the community and teen outreach programs Community Spotlight and Symphony Scholars.
• Oversaw marketing and advertising for all educational programs, budgeting and invoicing, management of database statistics and the creation of historical comparison profiles for participating schools.
• Coordinated pre- and post-performance events, travel accommodations, production needs, and ticketing for performances.
Freelance Vocalist and Stage Performer
May 2004 – August 2010
• Working artist for a multitude of regional theatres, national tours, and cruise ships.