- (231) 972-7761
- Lean Arts Management:
Fifteen plus years experience delivering meaningful and memorable customer experiences that are financially responsible through arts programming and facility rentals. Very organized and systems orientated strategic planner, financial manager, marketer, and guest/technical services supervisor. Computer competencies include Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office, Social Media and Ticketing software.
- Arts Programming,
- Technical Serivces,
- Venue Management
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Microsoft Office
- MS Access and Excel
- Social Media
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION | FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY
• Major: Quality Management
• Thesis: A Generic Balanced Scorecard for Presenting the Performing Arts
MASTER OF ARTS | UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-SUPERIOR
• Major: Speech and Drama
• Thesis: Design and Technical Direction for “Ah Wilderness”
BACHELOR OF ARTS | UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-GREEN BAY
• Major: Communication and the Arts
• Minor: Lighting Design
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR | RAMSDELL THEATRE | SEPTEMBER 2013 TO DECEMBER 2016
• Oversaw day to day operations of 43,000 sq. ft. historic theatre, art gallery and ballroom. Events included community theatre, art exhibits, weddings, dance recitals, graduations, meetings and festivals. Supervised one part time caretaker, volunteers and contracted labor.
• Booked and presented roots and blues music, tribute bands and MET Opera Live in HD. Increased ticket sales from $19K to $59K
• Revived fundraising efforts, updated donor list and initiated annual campaign raising over $10K. Received grants from Arts Midwest and the Michigan Humanities Council.
• Helped transition management of facility from City of Manistee to the Ramsdell Regional Center for the Arts, a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit volunteer based organization.
PRODUCT SERVICE ASSOCIATE | LOWE’S HOME IMPROVEMENT | MARCH 2011 TO AUGUST 2013
DIRECTOR | THE WHITING | FEBRUARY 2009 TO OCTOBER 2010
• Managed $2.8 million dollar budget, six fulltime employees, contracted services, stagehand union, and 100+ volunteer corps in operating a 2043 seat auditorium.
• Programmed twenty event Whiting Presents Series; increased sales by 58% to $1.3 million, reduced operating deficit by 72%. Series featured Touring Broadway, Celebrities, Jazz, Blues and World Music.
• Outreach and education initiatives resulted in 11 performances and 14 workshops serving 4100 students and 605 aging adults.
• Reorganized business ticketing operations to improve financial integrity and safeguard customer information.
WILLIAMS AUDITORIUM MANAGER | FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY | AUGUST 1999 TO FEBRUARY 2009
• Booked and managed 1700 seat auditorium; responsible for ticketing, front of house, and technical services for 80 events per academic year.
• Initiated and programmed Live! At Williams Performing Arts Series; included community outreach program; funded by grants, ticket sales and concession income.
• Doubled use of Auditorium while significantly reducing cost per attendee from $2.10 to 28 cents.
• Proposed and oversaw upgrade of lighting and sound system.
OWNER | MT COMMUNICATIONS INC. | FEBRUARY 1992 TO AUGUST 1999
Provided video production services for events, employee training and marketing. Clients included Hickory Farms, LCI Telecommunications, France Stone Company, American National Can, R-Med Inc., Conceptus and HNTB.
ADVERTISING AND EXHIBITS MANAGER | AEROQUIP CORP. | MARCH 1987 TO FEBRUARY 1992
Coordinated advertising for High Performance, Marine Military and Quick Disconnect product lines. Managed corporate wide trade show and exhibit program nationwide.
EVENTS MANAGER | LANSING CONVENTION AND EXHBITION AUTHORITY | MAY 1986 TO MARCH 1987
Managed event operations (custodial, set-up, technical) for trade shows, circus, ice shows, rock concerts, meetings, banquets and receptions.
COORDINATOR OF TECH SERVICES | JACKSON COMMUNITY COLLEGE | AUGUST 1981 TO MAY 1986
Supervised four full-time employees and on-call workers providing technical support and design for the presentation of student, civic and professional touring attractions in three theatre performing arts center (1500 seat Music Hall, 350 seat Snyder Theatre and flexible seating Day Theatre).
(You are not loged in)