|Career Status:||Open to new opportunities|
|Willing to relocate:|
|Willingness to travel:||Willing to travel|
Experienced professional with over six years of experience across consumer products market research, integrated brand marketing and go-to-market strategies.
Specialties: marketplace analysis, integrated marketing strategy, business development, market research, advertising strategy, media buying
Interests: North Indian classical music, jazz, world music.
NYU Leonard N. Stern School of Business
Master of Business Administration, May 2008.
Specialization in Entertainment, Media & Technology (EMT) and Corporate Finance.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Bachelor of Science, Management Science, June 2001.
Specialization in Marketing Research. Humanities Concentration in World Music.
M Media & Marketing, New York, NY (Jan 2012-Feb 2013)
• Conducted strategic media planning and buying at a boutique advertising agency across TV, radio, online, print and outdoor for clients in the consumer packaged goods, insurance and education services industries.
• Compiled and analyzed industry, consumer and ratings research in multiple US geographic markets.
• Led annual radio market negotiations for agency’s top client in eight markets. Negotiated advertising (radio commercial spots) and promotional elements (contesting, DJs, station events) with nine radio representation firms.
Performing Artist and Indian Classical Voice Teacher, New York, NY (2010 – Present)
• Lead Indian classical vocalist in Indo-western jazz and flamenco ensembles. Performances included album release concert at Joe’s Pub, Ninth Annual Drums Along the Hudson festival, Lotus Music and Dance Gala, Ananda Ashram MahaShivaratri All-Night Celebration, Con Taal Indo-Spanish ensemble, Tablaphilia drum and voice ensemble.
• Instructed students in Indian classical voice at American Academy of Indian Classical Music (2011-2012) and Anamika-Navatman Project (2012-2013). • Featured as vocalist on Taboo, an Indo-western jazz album promoting social justice issues (2010).
NBC Universal, New York, NY (2008-2010)
General Electric Experienced Commercial Leadership Program
• Selected for 1 of 3 spots at NBC Universal for GE’s two-year executive management training program in sales and marketing.
• Executed ‘Healthy at NBCU’ go-to-market plan, resulting in over 90MM viewers tuning in to over 100 hours of health & wellness programming across 43 divisions. Partnered with sales to develop integrated marketing solutions for 7 partner brands, generating over $10MM in advertising revenue.
• Led a team of 8 global marketing managers to develop go-to-market process as part of GE’s Gold Standard Marketing initiative to reimagine marketing. Successfully developed a framework and criteria that GE currently uses to assess capabilities for 4,500 marketers across all GE businesses.
• Forecasted impact of new DVR technology on consumer behavior and advertising revenues. Identified incremental revenue opportunity of $90MM over four years for NBCU entertainment networks.
• Played a pivotal role in renewing multi-platform partnership between Bravo’s Shear Genius and Nexxus. Assisted with creative agency briefing, research and showcasing Bravo’s 2009/2010 new programming lineup to advertisers.
• Streamlined process for NBCU’s sales incentive compensation. Developed incentive plan to motivate sales force to sell advertising time during Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics.
The Walt Disney Company, Burbank, CA (Summer 2007)
Summer MBA Intern, Corporate Alliances Group
• Assessed growth potential of Indian market and presented plan to grow existing partnerships and distribution channels.
• Collaborated with Disney India senior leadership to evaluate strategic partnerships with multi-national companies.
Sony BMG Music Entertainment, New York, NY (Spring 2007)
Marketing and Operations MBA Intern, RCA Music Group
• Created P&L forecasts to project profitability and estimate marketing spending for upcoming albums.
• Compiled quarterly financials and assisted with marketing & operations reviews.
American Academy of Indian Classical Music, New York, NY (2004-2009)
Founding Member, Marketing/Publicity Director, Voice Instructor
• Assisted with two year strategic planning and incorporation of a non-profit classical music academy.
• Conducted community outreach and publicity to drive member acquisition, engagement and concert attendance.
• Organized and emceed seminars and concerts of Indian classical music.
• Managed relationships with teachers, including securing accommodations, reconciling finances and new student outreach.
The Nielsen Company, New York, NY (2004-2006)
Analyst, Manufacturer Client Service, Colgate-Palmolive & Univision
• Analyzed product launches and collected consumer insight data for Colgate oral-care and home-care brand managers.
• Managed consumer research study to assess revenue impact of TV ads in the Hispanic market for a beverage company.
• Led six-person team to achieve consistency across Colgate’s oral, personal and home care product databases.
• Decreased client report turnaround time by leading a significant business process outsourcing initiative.
Xuppa.com / ProPlus Media, New York, NY (2002-2003)
Director of Online Media
• Managed $200k cost-per-acquisition advertising P&L and increased agency revenue by 200% over 8 months.
• Delivered over $60k in sales for nationwide florist through targeted and cost effective online marketing campaigns.
• Segmented market of 80MM subscribers to identify high potential customers for beauty, finance and health products.
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- MS PowerPoint
- advertising strategy, artist management, integrated marketing, market research, marketplace analysis, Performance, public speaking
Groups & Associations
- ELNYA, YNPN
- Hindi, Marathi