I work currently in the fashion industry and am looking for more of a creative/fine arts position as an artist or designer.
Excellent at hand and computer sketching.
- Fine Art
- • Painting (Acrylic, Watercolor, Oil, Gauche), Drawing (Pencil, Pastel, Charcoal, Marker)
- • Album & Sheet Music Art for Danny Gray Music LLC
- • Digital Art, Apparel Design, Technical Drawing & Specing, Pattern Making, Draping, Construction, Color Matching, Embroidery, Beadwork, Jewelry Design, Accessory Design
- • Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop; Microsoft Word, Excel & Power Point; FrogFish (Tiger J. proprietary software), 4D (HMS proprietary software)
Parsons, The New School for Design, New York, NY
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Fashion Design, May 2010
Foundation Course Work: Studio Painting and Drawing, 3D Model Making, 2D Digital Art
Parsons Paris, School of Art and Design, Paris, France, Spring 2009
Fine Art Experience
Pinot’s Palette, Tuckahoe, NY
Painting Instructor March 2016-Present
• Teach painting techniques and provide step by step instructions for classes at “paint and sip” studio for adult and children.
Fieldston Outdoors, Riverdale, NY
Assistant Art Counselor/Junior Counselor Summers 2004-2009
• Assisted in the instruction of daily arts and crafts. Supervised children 5-12 years of age during daily activites. Created and oversaw recreational and educational programs.
Tiger J, LLC., New York, NY
Serena Williams – Junior Associate Designer June 2015-Present
• Participated in preparation for the Serena Williams Signature Statement September 2015 HSN Collection at New York Fashion Week.
• Create tech packs for overseas factories for woven, cut & sew and sweater designs. Communicate with vendors regarding development of styles and fabric research.
• Update collection CADS, lab dip & strike off approval review and consultation with Designer, research inspiration for styles, color and fabrics. Create trend research style sheets and collection line sheets.
• Create fit comments for domestic fit of overseas garments, photograph and organize samples, receive and send domestic and overseas packages.
• Assist in training and supervision of Assistant Designer and Interns.
HMS Productions, New York, NY
Melissa Paige – Associate Designer December 2014 – June 2015
• Researched silhouette, trend and trim inspiration; hand sketched and drew Illustrator flats and created tech packs.
• Generated style, print and fabric characteristics and created sample orders.
FYC Apparel Group, New York, NY
Sunny Leigh, Allison Taylor –Associate Designer July 2014- December 2014
• Created woven, cut & sew and sweater design tech packs for overseas factories and in house sample room, including researching inspiration, flat sketching, specing reference garments and creating detailed layouts using Illustrator and Photoshop.
• Created fit comments for proto/showroom garments. Managed trim research and organization, communicated with domestic and overseas vendors and conducted trim meetings.
Design Experience (Cont.)
The Jones Group, New York, NY
Special Markets – Assistant Designer September 2011- July 2014
• Sketched new development styles in Illustrator and researched trends. Pitched prints and stripes to factories for fabric submit approval.
• Worked with Senior Merchandiser and Account Executives to create customer order sketch charts for reorders and new development.
• Assisted in training of new colorist and design assistants.
Carole Hochman Design Group, Inc., New York, NY March 2011 – September 2011
Donna Degnan, New York, NY January 2011 – March 2011
Vera Wang Bridal House, New York, NY Summer/Fall 2008
Bridal Reflections, New York, NY October 2009-September 2011
Bridal Assistant/Accessories Specialist