Jennifer L. Torres
I am open to challenges, new experiences and have a willingness to learn.
I am confident that my high-energy personality, attention to detail, team oriented thinking, problem solving skills and ability to multi task will allow me to me to be a great asset to your team.
I hold a great passion for the arts and truly would love the chance to work with you and to provide the skills that I have to offer.
- MS Office Word, Outlook, Time Trade Production , Basic Photoshop
Fashion Institute of Technology, State University of New York
Bachelor of Science, Fine Arts/ Minor in Art History, 2012
Cumulative GPA: 3.5
Dean’s List 2005 – 2007 /2010-2011
Associates in Fine Arts: Cum Laude, 2007/ Magna Cum Laude, 2012
Non Profit Organization: Urban Studio, New York, NY September 05 – Present
• Assist in the production and creative development of group exhibitions.
• Participate in the preparation of pieces for public installations and special events; prior events include Verge Art Fair and Art Now “Art Basel 2010/11”, Fashion’s Night out: “The Purple Event”, and Sephora Inc.
• Organize and coordinate group meetings and fundraising efforts.
Stephen Haller Gallery, New York, NY Febuary ‘12 – May’12
• Assisted in show installtions, art handling and packing
• Developed clearer and color accurate images of art work using photoshop.
• Assisted in answering phones, greeting clients, and daily gallery tasks
J. Crew Bridal and Collection (Madison Avenue), J. Crew (Soho) October 09 – Present
Administrative Assistant / Lead cashier
• Maintain organization of bridal office by scheduling and assigning daily appointments.
• Assist in customer orders, correspondence, and phone calls.
• Handled and prepared nightly deposits.
COACH, INC., New York, NY (Soho Location) August ‘05 – February
• Multitasked with in-store operations while maintaining cashier transactions.
• Merchandised visual and store displays.
• Trained new associates in store operations, cashiering, customer service and visual standards.
BAKER’S SHOES, New York, NY May ‘05 – August ‘05
• Managed schedule and procedures for a staff of eighteen.
• Supervised all customer services, display merchandising, maintenance, sanitation and training.
• Responsible for control of, and administering, financial transactions.
CLAIRE’S ACCESSORIES, Queens, NY November ’00 – May ‘05
Assitant Manager/ Key Holder/ Sales
• Managed payroll, scheduling, reports.
• Responsible for nightly closing procedures.
Groups & Associations
- Urban Studio Unbound