- (562) 480-7356
- (562) 480-7356
I have sold my own art on the Newport Pier in California. I have museum and office experience. I served my Directors and collaborated to help implement their Museum programs. I assisted directors, supported sales, managed teams, coordinated and supported administration. I have experience with art making, art handling, shipping, and registration.
- Administrative Assistant,
- Art Handling Experience,
- Art Making Experience,
- Assisting Directors,
- Implementing Director's programs,
- Museum Experience,
- Office Experience,
- Supporting Sales,
- Team management
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel,
- Microsoft Outlook,
- Database Management,
- Social Media,
- Networked Fax,
- High-volume CD Duplication
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Art with an Emphasis in Drawing and Painting; CSULB.
Modern Art History; Ancient to Renaissance Art History; Baroque Art History;
Aesthetics seminar; Professional Practices Seminar for Artists; Gallery B exhibitions
Education Assistant: University Art Museum, CSULB, Long Beach, California;
Education Volunteer: Long Beach Museum of Art, Long Beach, California;
Administration/Research Specialist: Westlaw Thomson Reuters, Los Angeles, California;
CD Duplication Coordinator (volunteer): GLB, Long Beach, California.
• Sold my own art on the Newport Pier – – observed people to identify receptive individuals, and then utilized Portrait Artist skills to request to draw their portrait representationally.
• Sold my own art on the Newport Pier – – drew up to 4 portraits a day on this busy pier. Established trust and rapport to determine others’ needs and wants and secure time and attention, to create a successful portrait-sitting and sell portrait art.
• Museum Experience – – used MS Word proficiency and experience in Photoshop and Macintosh to provide Museum tour schedule and color images for tour program; adept at implementing database management programs and strategies.
• Museum Experience – – assisted with exhibitions by managing Museum inventory: helped organize 50 scattered object/accession number records for gallery tags.
• Office Experience – – helped ship confidential legal documents to law firms via Fedex, handled multi-line phone at Museum.
• Office Experience – – managed digital/ hard-copy inventories of legal documents; corresponded with galleries to obtain Artist biographical data for exhibit tags; updated Facebook pages and data.
• Served Directors – – scheduled meetings with Museum Education Director to help implement Director’s ideas for youth-education programs; organized & researched Abstract Artists on behalf of Education Director to create customized lesson plan for Long Beach Unified School District teacher.
• Served Directors – – organized a school bus-load of 60 students suddenly arriving during a Museum meeting for an unscheduled tour; arranged students on behalf of Education Director during meeting & provided educational tour of Artists exhibited.
• Corresponded confidentially, ethically, and respectfully – created Museum Public Relations article for press release describing construction of the new Gallery; protected Museum by keeping time-sensitive information confidential.
• Corresponded confidentially, ethically, and respectfully – – coordinated individual research projects for High-Profile legal clients via secure data, confidential Extranet & MS Office proficiency.
• Art making, art handling experience – – paintings, drawings, oil, acrylic, multi-media,
3 dimensional art; currently receiving email updates on current Contemporary Art gallery events from www.artscenecal.com and www.visualartresource.com, drawing most every day.
• Currently reading – – “MRM5 Museum Registration Methods”, published by the American Association of Museums.
• Met with LACMA Registrar’s office to discuss current museum Registrar practices.
Groups & Associations
- American Association of Museums,
- Committee of the American Association of Museums,
- Visual Art Source
(You are not loged in)