Master knowledge of costume draping, cutting, costume history, clothing construction, men’s period tailoring, and pattern making, including pattern grading and fit. In this position, I have interacted directly with designers, and managed teams including First Hands and Stitchers while reporting to Shop Manager. Familiar with, but not limited to, non-traditional fabric construction including leather, plastics, and millinery. Possesses strong organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills while managing team members. Strong verbal and written communication skills with a thorough understanding of MS Office, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Costume Draping – 20+ years
- Pattern making – 25+ years
- Men’s Tailoring – 15+ years
- Management – 20+ years
- Fitting – 20+ years
- Various film & television commercial experience – 10+ years
- English (Fluent)
BAUDER FASHION COLLEGE Arlington, TX
• Associates Degree in Fashion Design and Merchandising: graduating GPA: 3.8
THE DALLAS OPERA: Principal Costume Cutter/Draper 11/2011 to present
• Costume Draper and Patternmaker for show seasons as assigned by Shop Manager. Responsible for pattern drafting, draping, cutting, and muslin mock ups. Leads in fittings with artist and designer, manages stitchers and timeline for costume construction.
SHAKESPEARE THEATRE COMPANY: Cutter/Draper 7/2010 to 11/2011
• Costume Draper for Tony Award-winning theatre. Responsible for cutting, pattern making, leads fittings with artist and designer, costume construction, supervises pattern alterations, supervising stitching teams and deadline management.
HIT ENTERTAINMENT: Cutter/Draper 8/2007 to 9/2009
• Draper and Pattern maker for Emmy nominated PBS television series for adult and children’s specialty costumes.
• Chief costume cutter/draper for seasons 11-13 including 40+ television episodes and home video production of specialty costume and wardrobe. Responsibilities including tailoring, patternmaking, specialty millinery and dyeing.
• Ability to do flat drawings/sketches/technical process for costume prototypes. Strong fit and pattern making abilities, writing technical specs, garment manufacturing and engineering, and product development.
INSPIRATIONS IMPORTS: Product Development and Designer 9/2005 to 4/2007
• Creative Director of Product Development and Product Design for seasonal and home décor items tailored to customers as TARGET®, MICHAELS®, GARDEN RIDGE®, A.C. MOORE, TUESDAY MORNING®, and BIG LOTS® stores.
• Responsible for sourcing new overseas factories and working in conjunction with overseas team throughout the development process to ensure timeliness, quality, target price point, and creativity goals.
• Interprets seasonal direction and directs seasonal product development styles/colors and provide direction of future trends and color direction.
• Responsible for managing coordination of seasonal product design lines and sample production in conjunction with team leaders in Shenzhen, China and Hong Kong offices.
• Responsible for identifying and interpreting new and refreshed product based on customer profile and past sales platform.
• Producing and presenting regular reports on color/ style trends and waves in product design and home décor trends.
• Responsible for showroom vignette design and planogram coordination of new seasonal merchandise in Dallas and Hong Kong showrooms.
FINELINE PACKAGING: Product Coordinator and Design 2/2005 to 8/2005
• Creative liaison between Creative Director and Art Director in design and construction of original gift items and greeting cards for DILLARDS, NASHVILLE WRAPS, VON MAUR, and JILLSON & ROBERTS.
• Assisting in new product design and development through product line management calendars, research trends, proofing product information for catalog and marketing materials, coordinate technical press specs, and manage showroom presentations and seasonal design lines.
HIT ENTERTAINMENT: Cutter/Draper 9/2002 to 12/2004
• Duties including routine maintenance, repair, and care of specialty costuming for live stage show.
• Responsibilities include drafting patterns, grading patterns, specialty cutting, sewing, fitting assistant, and supervision of costume production.
NORCOSTCO TEXAS COSTUME: Manager 5/1996 to 9/2002
Head Draper and Patternmaker for national Costume Rental and theater supply company. Designs and selects costume rental stock for show orders per.
• Responsible for departmental fiscal budget, buyer, profit/sales analysis and profit forecasting.
• Maintain and support customer and vendor relations. Advanced office and administrative duties, and Workroom supervision.