Devin Allen CV
|Career Status:||Actively looking|
|Willing to relocate:|
|Willingness to travel:||Willing to travel|
This CV contains all of my relevant arts and education positions back to first beginning on my career after university.
- Chinese painting,
- Curriculum development,
- Mandarin Chinese,
- Oil Painting,
- Team management
- Visual Arts, Visual Arts Education, Art Criticism, Art History, Music Performance, Arts Administration, Fundraising, Art Marketing, Program Development, Program Management, Project Management, Art Gallery Administration, Art Museum Administration, Teaching
- Chinese (Mandarin),
Savannah College or Art and Design, Atlanta, GA
Master of Arts, Arts Administration
Pending thesis topic: Create a new business venture, a gallery of fine art and design that encourages community engagement through sharing of educational experiences.
Speak Mandarin, Beijing, China 2012
Mandarin Language Program
Beijing Language and Culture University, Beijing, China 2010
Intensive Mandarin Chinese summer program
Tang Gu Art Academy, Beijing, China 2004-2005
Non degree seeking course in Chinese painting
City College of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 2001-2002
Non degree seeking courses in drawing, print making and Spanish
Capital University, Bexley, OH 1993-1997
Bachelor of Arts, Art Education
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Art History
Midtown Alliance, Atlanta, GA •Membership and Community Engagement Sept. 2014- Dec. 2014
• Developed membership contact database.
• Made personal phone calls to all members informing them of updates to membership benefits.
• Created membership audit questionnaire.
• Updated membership contact list.
• Organized logistics for delivery of new member plaques.
• Corresponded with members about taking full advantage of membership benefits.
• Created reports detailing member’s use of organization web site.
• Met with marketing directors to analyze how member could best use organization.
• Orchestrated correspondence presenting new member’s mobile marketing app.
• Participated in marketing meetings.
• Conducted membership audit.
BURNAWAY, Atlanta, GA •Grant Writer, Fundraiser, Administrator Jun. 2014- Aug. 2014
• Wrote government grants
• Wrote LOI’s for government and private foundation grants.
• Wrote interim and final reports for government and private grants.
• Research and edit the visual arts section of the publication.
• Create stakeholder surveys.
• Engage in special program fundraising.
• Preparing and presenting in written form to the board of directors research for annual fund.
• Office correspondence.
• Delivered grant applications.
• Attended grant instructional meetings.
Atlanta International School, Atlanta, GA • Teacher Aug. 2012- Jul. 2014
• Taught middle school visual arts according IBO MYP guidelines.
• Taught high school according to IBO MYP and Diploma guidelines.
• Successfully graduated visual arts diploma class of twenty.
• Member of new MYP curriculum pilot team.
• Faculty advisor for student charity group.
• Developed partnership between AIS and High Museum of Art and Living Walls Conference.
• Member of middle and high school symphonic band.
• Extended Essay and Personal Project Advisor.
• Taught Theory of Knowledge course, grade 11 – 12.
• Organized grade level arts festival.
• Served as ambassador and translator for visiting Chinese student group.
• Arranged student programs to museums.
• Organized trans-disciplinary programs for middle and high school students.
Theatre du Revé, Atlanta, GA • Artist Nov. 2013- Dec. 2014
• Created visual artist role for company production about Tuileries Garden at High Museum of Art.
• Created street art during the performance of play.
• Collaborated with director on role of artist part of the play.
Beijing International School, Beijing, China • Teacher Aug. 2008- Jul. 2012
• Developed curriculum for middle and high school students according to IBO MYP program.
• Developed K – 12, visual arts vertical planning.
• Organized student workshops outside of school with working artists.
• Facilitated grades 6 – 9, trans-disciplinary art festival at school.
• Created curriculum for grade 11 – 12 Theory of Knowledge course.
• Served as grade 6, 7, and 8 advisor.
• Served as program coordinator, TOK.
• Personal Project and Extended Essay supervisor.
• Mural Arts Group Advisor.
• Led grade seven, weeklong field trip.
• Delivered benefits of social networking in education lecture to visiting principals in English and Mandarin Chinese.
• Master of Ceremonies for student film festival.
• Led student filed trips to museums and local attractions.
Greening the Beige, Beijing, China • Advisor Nov. 2010-Apr. 2013
• Developed and implemented workshops for adults and students.
• Advised student groups in operating community outreach programs.
• Juried art competitions.
• Participated in strategic planning.
• Served as interim CEO.
It’s All Art or Nothing, Atlanta, GA • Artist and Administrator Sep. 2009- Nov. 2013
• Successfully recruited the gallery curator.
• Managed negotiations between artists and gallery space.
• Wrote fundraising and marketing copy.
• Deigned publication materials.
• Acted as a translator and interpreter.
• Created strategic partnership with local publication.
• Organized student work day in the gallery with artists.
• Organized and facilitated planning meetings.
Fellini Gallery, Shanghai, China • Gallery Administrator May – September 2008
• Developed interior design of gallery space.
• Wrote marketing copy and artist biographies.
• Worked on the gallery grand opening team.
• Visually organized paintings for exhibitions.
• Translation and interpretation English-Chinese
• Visited artists studios and other galleries for strategic partnership opportunities.
Kinstar International Bilingual School, Beijing, China • Teacher Jan. 2007- Jul 2008
• Developed visual arts curriculum for grades K – 7.
• Implemented Scott Foresman English curriculum for grades 1 – 2.
• Facilitated school mural project.
• Taught first and second grade homeroom.
• Master of Ceremonies for Chinese New Year concert, in Chinese.
• Wrote and directed second grade play for Christmas program.
• Master of Ceremonies for Spring Sports Day.
• Taught second grade class to write script.
Simplex Kindergarten, Beijing, China • Teacher Aug. 2006- Jan. 2007
• Designed new teacher training program for early childhood education.
• Taught early childhood and kindergarten classes.
Beanstalk International Bilingual School, Beijing, China • Teacher Aug. 2005- Jul 2006
• Implemented Scott Foresman English curriculum for grade 1.
• Developed visual arts program for grade 1.
• Grade one homeroom teacher.
• Taught science and mathematics for grade 1.
Positive Art Workshop, Beijing, China • Art Therapist Oct. 2005-Jan. 2006
• Developed visual arts program for people afflicted with HIV/AIDS in order to develop emotional security.
Bo Hai Shi You No. 2 Primary School, Beijing, China • Teacher Aug. 2003-Jul. 2005
• Developed spoken English program for grades 2 – 5 in Chinese public school.
• Researched and implemented classroom materials.
Wonderland English Academy, Seoul, Korea • Teacher Nov. 2002-Jul. 2003
• Taught English to Kindergarten students.
Dreaming Room Gallery of Exotic Art, San Francisco, CA • Associate Sep. 2000- Oct. 2002
• Researched items in gallery collection.
• Consulted with clients on origin and providence of objects in the gallery.
• Sales associate.
• Managed gallery appreance.
Schumacher Gallery, Columbus, OH • Assistant to the Director Aug. 1998- Jul. 2000
• Developed museum object registration system in line with AAM guidelines.
• Responsible for temporary and permanent collections holdings and displays.
• Managed student staff.
• Designed lighting of objects in collection.
• Oversaw gallery relations at openings and public events.
(You are not loged in)