Artist and Art Educator
A lifetime of practicing art along with student teaching experience enabled me to obtain skills and creative abilities in ceramics, drawing, painting, printmaking, photography, and mixed media while achieving extensive knowledge of historical and contemporary artists and art movements. Experience working with art companies and in a professional gallery environment established interpersonal skills, proficiency in computer programs, and organization capabilities to manage several tasks at once.
- active listening,
- Classroom management,
- collaboration with co-workers,
- Customer Service,
- graphic design,
- inventory management,
- Lesson planning,
- Microsoft Word (11 years)
- Powerpoint (11 years)
- Excel (11 years)
- Adobe Illustrator (2 years)
- Adobe Photoshop (9 years)
- Adobe Acrobat (3 years)
- InDesign (1 year)
- Ceramics (6 years)
- Photography (9 years)
- Drawing (9 years)
- Painting (6 years)
- Printmaking (6 years)
- Mixed Media Design (6 years)
- Jewelry Design (1 year)
- Knitting (2 years)
- Crocheting (1 year)
- Sewing (3 years)
- International Travel (12 years)
- Conversational Italian,
- English (Fluent),
- Some Spanish
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Studio Art Graduated May 2013
University of Massachusetts Amherst, MA, GPA: 3.76 / 4.0
Concentration: Art Education
Minors: Art History and Psychology
Massachusetts Teacher Education License Exams for Visual Arts: Passed. MA Licensure for pre K-12.
Completed advanced college courses in ceramics including: hand building, wheel throwing, independent study, and senior thesis. 2009-2010
Student Teaching Experience
West Springfield High School, West Springfield, MA January 22-March 15, 2013
• Taught intermediate and advanced art classes, grades 10-12. Lessons included the use of different materials such as, paint, collage, altered books, mixed media, and drawing agamographs to create 2D and 3D works of art. Projects emphasized art movements and contemporary artists. Art critiques, and student self-evaluations were incorporated in order to teach students the value of constructive criticism. Lessons were accommodated for students with special needs and English language learners.
• Co-taught Art foundation classes, grades 9-12. Lessons emphasized basic skills in value and shading, drawing from observation, and using a grid to draw realistically.
• Co-taught after school program at the Crafter School on Mondays. Students learned artistic techniques such as knitting, sewing, and repurposed clothing crafts.
Wildwood Elementary School, Amherst, MA
March 18-May 8 2013
• Taught grades K-6 with lessons that encouraged creativity through mediums such as printmaking, weaving, painting, and drawing. Lessons connected to the curriculum of each grade, which included social studies, science, and English. Students learned about historical art movements and contemporary artists, as well as how to use a wide range of tools and knowledge when completing their projects. Extra assistance and accommodation was given to those students with special needs and to those whose first language was other than English.
Lorenzo de’ Medici Italian International Institute, summer 2012. Courses included beginning Italian, art history, and drawing/painting.
Freelance Illustrator for the University of Vermont Burlington, VT, April-August 2014
Created 600 two by two inch drawings for a study completed by Assistant Professor Shawn Datchuk, which will be used as a prompt for students that need additional writing and sentence structure. The sentence writing website can be found at shawndatchuk.com.
Gallery Attendant, Frog Hollow Vermont State Craft Center Burlington, VT, June 2013-June 2014
Aided customers with purchases, coordinated sales and inventory with local artists, managed daily gallery sales, organized inventory of artwork, set up displays and show openings, and maintained the gallery aesthetics.
Work Experience (continued)
Substitute Teacher for Kelly Services Chittenden County, VT October 2013-May 2014
Oversaw classroom management, taught lessons, led daily routines, and ensured student safety in elementary, middle, and high schools while permanent teacher was absent.
Intern At Baltimore Clayworks Baltimore, MD, June 2011-August 2011
Duties included gallery preparation, assisting resident artists in setting up artwork for gallery openings, aiding children’s summer camps by facilitating drop off and pick each day, assisting campers with projects, prepared and supervised use of materials, and set up and cleaned classrooms.
Graphic Design and Marketing Assistance at Creative Alliance Baltimore, MD, October 2014-Present
Use InDesign to create flyers for workshop events and research possible clients to market yearly workshops.
Art Therapy Assistant at Karina Café Timonium, MD, September 2014-Present
Sets up art room and cleans at the end of the session, creates project examples, supports clients with completing their projects, and establishes relationships with clients and fellow volunteers to create a safe and fun environment.
Groups & Associations
- Baltimore Clayworks,
- Pottery Co-Op at the University of Massachusetts
(You are not loged in)