Arts & Culture Professional Looking for Senior Level Opportunities in Patron Services
|Career Status:||Actively looking|
|Willing to relocate:|
|Willingness to travel:||Willing to travel|
Motivated self-starter with proven success in the revitalization and growth of events and operations. Possess solid understanding of client relations, vendor and event logistics, marketing and sales principles, and facility services. Proven experience using technology for improving operations, creating winning marketing strategies, and improving guest services. Demonstrated ability to facilitate change in employee behavior and increase teamwork through training and recognition. Proficient in MS Office, Ticketmaster, various POS systems. Currently certified in First Aid/ CPR/AED.
• Cultivating and Sustaining Relationships
• Contract/Report Management
• Multi-Project Management
• Strong Operations Skills
• Team Builder/Leader
• Facility Management
• Volunteer/Staff Management
• Event/Logistics Management
• Expertise in Guest/Client Relations
- FOH operations,
- Microsoft Office Platforms, Ticketmaster systems, PastPerfect, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX
Meadows School of the Arts & Cox School of Business
Master of Arts &Master of Business Administration (2008)
• Concentrations in Art Administration, Strategy & Entrepreneurship and Strategic Leadership
• Scholarships: Business Dean’s, Brinker MBA, Class of 1999 Endowment, Pillowtex, Artistic
• Achievements: Meadows Graduate Council 2006-08, Secretary, 2007-08; Dean’s Circle Award, Business Leadership Center, Cox
School of Business, May 2008; Cox MBA Honor Council, 2007-08; Global Leadership Program, China, May 2007; Disney
Institute participant, December 2007.
Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
Bachelor of Fine Art (2005)
• Major in Painting and Drawing with a Minor in Graphic Design.
• Achievements: Field experience, Art & Architecture, Italy, January 2006; BFA Show, May 2005.
Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
Bachelor of General Studies (2001)
• General Business, Mass Communication, Political Science
• Achievements: Dean’s List, Spring 2001; Full tuition waiver, 1996-2001; Study Abroad, Ireland, Summer 2001; Walt Disney
World College Program, Spring 1999
House Manager | UNF Fine Arts Center | Jacksonville, FL | 03/15 – present
Manages all Front of House activities, for the 1,300 seat Lazzara Performance Hall and the 700 seat Andrew A. Robinson, Jr. Theater. Responsible for supervising usher staff, acting as point of contact for client during events, setup and breakdown of activities, and managing F/B. Communicates with backstage crew throughout event, manages compliance of the theater’s health and safety standards, troubleshoots challenges during events, and greets patrons in a friendly and helpful manner.
Box Office Representative | Jacksonville Armada FC | Jacksonville, FL | 02/15 – present
• Front-facing customer service agent at ticket window during matches working will call, selling tickets, and solving problems.
House Manager | Florida Theatre | Jacksonville, FL | 04/14 – 12/14
Directed all Front of House operations for 1,900-seat venue and oversaw budgets in custodial, security, food & beverage, and volunteer ushers. Managed five area supervisors and 125+ staff members and volunteers, liaising with other internal directors for successful event coordination and planning. Oversaw hiring, training, disciplining & scheduling staff & resources, contacting and negotiating with vendors and tour personnel. Responsible for guest services, record keeping, crowd control, and planning.
• Successfully established policies/procedures for staff to maintain operations leading to improved health reports and turnovers.
• Successfully created and implemented digital reporting that standardized information across departments.
• Implemented standardized training for alcohol service compliance through the Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association.
Orlando Ballet, Orlando, FL 05/12 – Present
Box Office Manager
Developed and implemented a Box Office Policy and Procedure Manual that standardized sales and guest relations. Oversaw all ticketing
and box office operations for a 30-plus event season with multiple venues. Utilized Ticketmaster to create and organize a system to track
and account for various sale types. Trained and directly supervised ticket sales staff during ballet events. Responsible for all sales data
management, including ballet revenue and buyer/subscriber information.
• Performed function as sole front line guest service agent to over 600 subscribers.
• Brought 2013 ballet season ticket sales on-line a month ahead of schedule and began season with a 24% increase in sales over the
• Exceeded the 2013 ballet season single-ticket sales budget goal by 25%.
Alhambra Theatre and Dining, Jacksonville, FL 05/11 – 04/12
Box Office Representative
• Used an automated ticketing database to reserve seats, track sales, and produce nightly deposit reports.
• Welcomed and seated guests while providing information and resolve customer issues and concerns.
Cathedral Arts Project, Jacksonville, FL 01/10 – 12/10
Temporary Office Assistant
Provided administrative and development support to Director of Special Projects with event planning and designing collateral. Assisted the
Development Director in writing grants and conducted Prospect research for Director of Community Relations.
Louisiana State University Museum of Art, Baton Rouge, LA 06/04 – 06/06
Marketing and Development Associate
Responsible for maintaining the PastPerfect member database of over 5000 contacts for use by the Development Director. Prepared
member/donor letters and daily deposits for LSU Foundation. Managed direct member communications through tracked written
responses including follow up on member issues. Created marketing materials for press junkets, and updated papers and information for
Board of Directors. Prepared research and provenance portfolios for both internal and external writers.
GRADUATE PRATICA (In lieu of thesis) 2007-08
Art in Public Places Program Intern, Cultural Council of Greater Jacksonville, FL
• Edited and wrote teacher lesson plans integrating elementary art and science education.
Diversity and Community Outreach Intern, Meadows School of the Arts, Dallas, TX
• Assisted Director with high profile events for the school and acted as liaison for location staff and participants.
Finance Intern, Dallas Theater Center, Dallas, TX
• Conducted financial analysis of the Dallas Theater Center to develop strategic plans and organizational goals.
Development Intern, Creative Solutions, Big Thought, Dallas, TX
• Garnered community support and involvement for programs leading to full financial support of special events.
Marketing Intern, Meadows Museum of Art, Dallas, TX
• Organized grassroots marketing plan that effectively increased support/attendance for Balenciaga exhibit.
Groups & Associations
- Florida Facility Managers Assoc
(You are not loged in)