Arts Administration / Gallery and Museum Management Professional
I am eagerly pursuing new career opportunities within arts administration as well as museum and gallery management.
Having graduated from The Savannah College of Art and Design with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Printmaking and a minor in Art History, I have worked as Gallery Manager for a contemporary art gallery.
I have also worked within The Carter Presidential Center’s private collection, at The Savannah College of Art and Design, and with The Roswell Cultural Arts Center.
Savannah College of Art and Design
Bachelor of Fine Arts – Printmaking
September 2008 – May 2012
Enthusiastically pursued a four year Bachelor of Fine Arts degree. In the process, I was given the ability to hear lectures by and create work around such artists such as Kiki Smith, Valerie Hammond, and Marina Abramovic. Working primarily under the Chair of Printmaking, Robert T. Brown, I was given the ability to exhibit my artwork as well as research and write about a broad spectrum of artworks while in America and overseas at SCAD’s Lacoste campus.
• Received Bachelor of Fine Art in Printmaking with a minor in Art History.
• Recipient: John Alcott New York City Scholarship
Forward Arts Foundation Scholarship
Louisiana TOPS Out of State / Student Opportunity Scholarship
• Dean’s List: Fall 2008, Winter 2009, Spring 2010, Spring 2011
• Received 2011 Student Leadership Award for SCAD – Atlanta.
• Personal artwork featured in SCAD Gala as well as Open Studio Night.
• Senior exhibition featured at Cherrylion Studios in Atlanta, Georgia. Accompanying
thesis paper entitled Above The Physical, Inside The Mind: A Study of Religion and Abstraction.
SAVANNAH COLLEGE OF ART AND DESIGN
Resident Assistant, August 2009 – August 2011
• Worked with Resident Director to create and maintain an inspiring, artistically oriented atmosphere within SCAD-Atlanta’s dormitory and campus.
• Acted as a liaison between students with roommate issues.
• Created activities, events, and volunteer opportunities for students to participate in.
• Maintained office hours and nightly dormitory checks.
• Acted as first point of disciplinary reference in problematic student affairs.
• Fostered a positive spirit within student community and acted as a community leader.
Print Shop / Fine Art Studio Monitor, September 2010 – May 2011
• Upheld standard operating procedures for SCAD Atlanta’s fine art department’s print shop, including etching and lithography studio as well as serigraphy rooms.
• Maintained a working knowledge of all applicable machines within printmaking department’s possession including lithography, letterpress, and etching presses.
• Assisted department chair in ordering and replacing chemicals, inks, and equipment.
• Acted as a key holder to all printmaking rooms and studios. Opened and closed print shop on weekdays and weekends.
• Assisted students in need of operational help.
• Created and executed “Print Make”, an interactive event designated for students within SCAD who have never taken a printmaking class before.
KAI LIN ART
Gallery Manager, January 2010 – August 2011
• Began work as an intern and worked up to management.
• Curated, with Gallery Director, each exhibition entering the gallery.
• Found and referred new artists, especially students, to Gallery Director.
• Created documentation and legal paperwork for consignment purposes.
• Worked with clients to find specific works of art for homes and businesses.
• Assisted in orchestrating events for charity and community as well as for-profit parties and outside exhibitions.
• Maintained and utilized contacts within Atlanta’s community for events and exhibitions.
• Maintained key to gallery. Opened and closed weekly and throughout the weekend.
• Assisted in hiring interns and workers for events.
• Represented gallery at all events.
ROSWELL CULTURAL ARTS CENTER
Independent Curator, December 2010 – November 2011
• Was asked by a member of the board of directors to work independently to find artists for the gallery area within the Roswell Cultural Arts Center.
• Went through all of each artist’s work to find pieces that made sense within the space and with the general theme of each exhibition.
• Transported and installed artwork per Roswell Cultural Arts Center standards.
• Dealt with any interests in artwork.
• Oversaw the care and handling of any works that needed to be relocated.
• Created all materials in accordance with each exhibition, including artist biography sheets, exhibition information pamphlets, and exhibition information slide-ins.
ANN TAYLOR LOFT
Sales Lead, March 2012 – present
• Maintain key as well as opening and closing of business.
• Act as manager on duty when Store Manager and Co-Manager are not in store.
• Act as store’s Credit Card Captain over team of sales associates and other management in order to exceed credit sales.
• Train new hire associates at home store as well as other LOFT stores within the district.
• Uphold standard operating procedures throughout the day as well as conduct operational assessments of facility.
• Maintain visual standards within floor sets, mannequin looks, and general garment appearances.
THE CARTER PRESIDENTIAL CENTER
Art Collections Intern, January 2013 – May 2013
• As a Carter Center intern, I am responsible for the care of a collection of approximately 2000 works of art belonging to The Carter Center.
• Acted as an assistant in appraisal of artwork.
• Worked on accessioning, cataloging and data entry of new acquisitions.
• Assisted in shipping and receiving as well as installation and relocation of artwork.
• Responsible for the conservation of works on paper.
• Management of inventory listings and missing works as well as works being auctioned off in annual Carter Center Winter Weekend Auction.
• Assisted in management of volunteers and scheduling.
- Art Databases
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Adobe Suite
- Arts Administration, Arts Management, Fine Art Sales, Modern and Contemporary Art, Printmaking
- English, French