Art Gallery / Photography Studio Director
Extremely self-motivated, organized and detail oriented Director with the proven ability to meet corporate and client objectives. Excellent organizational and communication skills. Problem solver with an aptitude for working with Artists and Collectors. Propensity for creating innovative ideas and solutions. Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel (including formulas), Microsoft Outlook. Experience leading a database development project archiving 5,000 art images.
Currently in Palm Springs, California but open to a great opportunity worldwide.
Also, always interested in graphic design work – it is always part of my work at any position I am in – I enjoy it and am happy to make some money on the side doing that – email me for more information.
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Web Design
Bard College http://www.bard.edu
Red Hook, New York Bachelors Degree in Art History 2012
Loudonville, New York Completed coursework in Marketing 1992-1994
COMMERCIAL PHOTOGRAPHER Oakland, California
Studio Manager July 2013 – present
FLETCHER GALLERY Woodstock, New York
Gallery Director July 2010 – July 2013
• Responsible for daily operations for this mid-twentieth century gallery focusing on Woodstock artists that has been in business for more than twenty years.
• Maintaining relationships with collectors and estates.
• Meeting monthly sales quota and nurturing new collectors.
BARD COLLEGE Red Hook, New York
Slide Library Assistant (Work Study) August 2009 – April 2011
• Responsible for processing professor’s requests to scan and color correct with Photoshop art history images for use in classes.
• Organization and maintenance of images on shared drives.
DELJOU ART GROUP Atlanta, Georgia Marketing/Communications Director May 2002 – November 2008
• Responsible for all marketing initiatives including implementation and creation of advertising material. Actively present campaign concepts to increase brand awareness and promote marketing campaigns with an eye on consistent branding and design.
• Manage relationships with artists and vendors, project proposal and project management with contractors for media projects.
• Create PR materials including artist bios, articles for trade magazines and promo bits for magazines and websites in the industry.
• Maintain archive of thousands of images to be used for all marketing purposes and for internal reference.
HEADHUNTER.NET Atlanta, Georgia
Web Developer/Designer October 1999 to July 2001
• Collaborated with Marketing Directors to develop high impact marketing strategies. Implemented and maintained Career Centers & specific sections of the site. Full knowledge of current technologies, browser/email client compatibility, and website setup and maintenance. Site is now http://www.careerbuilder.com
• Exceeded industry standard of 0.2% for banner design click rates by creating successful banner designs with click rates of 10%. Improved company website by serving on redesign team formed to increase speed and usability.
• Streamlined newsletter process by developing schedules concerning deadlines for articles and sponsor information as well as executing on-time distribution. Maintained positive relations with all departments by exhibiting successful collaboration and cooperation skills.